Council of governors
Our governors are the guardians of our mission and values, and they help us achieve our objectives.
We have three different categories of governor; public, staff and stakeholder.
- Public governors are elected by our members, who can be patients, students, local residents or anyone living in England or Wales who is interested in our work. These Governors make sure the voice of the communities we serve is heard right at the top of our decision-making process.
- Staff governors are elected by their peers to ensure they are represented and have a say in how we run our services.
- Stakeholder governors are nominated by our partners to represent the interests of our partner organisations. Our partners include the University of Essex, the University of East London, Camden Council and the voluntary sector in London – Voluntary Action Camden.
Governors have an important role to play, although they are not responsible for the day-to-day running of the trust, and cannot veto decisions made by the board.
Governors have two main areas of responsibility:
Holding the board to account
The governors’ statutory responsibilities are to:
- appoint (and, if appropriate, remove) the Chair and non-executive directors
- appoint (and, if appropriate, remove) the external auditors
- approve the appointment of the Chief Executive
- decide the pay and terms of office for the Chair and non-executive directors
- receive the annual report and accounts
- contribute to the annual plan
- ensure that the Trust operates in accordance with its terms of authorisation
- hold the board to account for the performance of the Trust
Representing members and partner organisations
Governors are our link between our members and the directors who make decisions about our services. They are responsible for representing the views of members and partner organisations to the board, and feeding back information about the Trust and its performance.
Date change Please note: This meeting was previously scheduled to take place on 14 December Members of the public are welcome to attend governors’ meetings and watch governors in action. The public section of the meeting will start at 2.50pm. To join the meeting use the following link: Join Zoom Meeting https://eu01web.zoom.us/j/63315817657?pwd=elkyeWRsK3VpR01MVzhvWnE2L3M1QT09 Meeting ID: 633…