Skip to content

I need to talk to someone

If you are not feeling good about things in your life, it can help to try and work out why.

Sometimes it’s obvious. Maybe someone you care about has died, your parents are separating, or you’re being bullied. Other times it may not be so clear.

Talking to friends or to adults you trust – like your parents or a teacher – can be a good place to start. Your school might have a counselling service.

But if this doesn’t feel right, there are some organisations you can talk to over the phone or contact online. Visit the Childline website, or call 0800 1111, to talk to someone now, and find information and advice that may help you.

Crisis line for young people and their parents/carers

If you live in Barnet, Enfield, Haringey, Camden or Islington and are aged between 0 and 18 years old, or care for someone that is, you can access a crisis line if you are in need of urgent mental health support or advice. Contact them on: 

0800 151 0023

This line operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Get urgent help

If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help:

  • go to any Accident & Emergency (A&E) department (Find your nearest A&E)
  • call 999 and ask for an ambulance to take you to A&E
  • ask someone else to call 999 for you or take you to A&E

If you need urgent support but don’t want to go to A&E, you can:

If you want to help someone else, see the page on the Mind website about how to help someone else seek help, including how to help someone else in an emergency.

Further information and advice

Find specific help about a range of issues, such as bullying, feelings, friends and relationships, home and school.

Childine, a charity with information and advice for children

Mind, a mental health charity offering online advice