Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
Mission and values
- To make a measurable difference through what we contribute to the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities and the value we offer our commissioners.
- To be the UK centre of thought leadership and research in the application of psychological and social theory and practice.
- To be a pioneer in the development and delivery of effective clinical interventions which improve the mental health and wellbeing of children, young people and adults.
- To be a national and international centre of excellence for training and education.
- To be the champion of psychologically informed practice which improves the quality and efficiency of systems in the NHS and other sectors.
- We work with people with lived experience of mental health problems to use their contribution to inform our activities and decision making.
- We understand the impact of mental distress on individuals and families and communities and work with the available evidence to make a difference to peoples’ lives.
- We are passionate about the quality of our work and are always committed to transparency and improvement.
- We embrace diversity and work to make our services and training as accessible as possible.
- We deliver education and training which meets the evolving needs of individuals and employers.
- We are outward facing, make an active contribution to the development of public policy work with others who share our values and can enable us to deliver our mission.
- We value all our staff and their wellbeing and foster leadership, innovation and personal accountability in our workforce.