Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists (TSP)
The Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists (TSP) is the professional body for psychotherapists who have trained at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
This includes psychoanalytic psychotherapists, child and adolescent psychotherapists, psychodynamic psychotherapists, psychodynamic group psychotherapists and couples psychotherapists.
The TSP is a Member Institution (MI) of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) and so membership of the TSP also affords entry into the BPC.
All TSP members are expected to be registered with the BPC unless:
- The member has BPC registration through another organisation
- The member only practices in the NHS or other professional bodies with their own clinical governance and indemnity arrangements
- The member is retired
What does the TSP do?
Through the TSP we aim to:
- Provide a professional home for suitably qualified clinicians who train at the Tavistock;
- Provide professional advice and peer group support for its members in all aspects of professional practice, including matters relating to professional ethics, patient complaints and best practice;
- Promote a culture of continuing professional development through a range of CPD activities and events;
- Be a first port of call for members seeking access to services available through the British Psychoanalytic Council.
Membership of the TSP
Qualification for entry into the Society will be awarded on successful completion of one of the following trainings:
If in doubt, please contact the TSP registrar.
The TSP provides a list of accredited supervisors for members. This is available on request from the TSP Registrar.
Private referrals service
A referrals service for patients seeking a Tavistock-qualified psychotherapist is available to TSP members. You can call on 020 7341 4912 or 020 8341 4912, or email email@example.com for details.