Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists
The Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists (TSP) is the professional body for psychotherapists who have trained at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
This includes psychoanalytic psychotherapists, child and adolescent psychotherapists, psychodynamic psychotherapists, and couples psychotherapists.
The TSP is a Member Institution (MI) of the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) and so membership of the TSP also affords entry into the BPC.
All TSP members are expected to be registered with the BPC unless:
- The member has BPC registration through another organisation
- The member is retired
What does the TSP do?
Through the TSP we aim to:
- Provide a professional home for suitably qualified clinicians who train at the Tavistock;
- Provide professional advice and peer group support for its members in all aspects of professional practice, including matters relating to professional ethics, patient complaints and best practice;
- Promote a culture of continuing professional development through a range of CPD activities and events;
- Be a first port of call for members seeking access to services available through the British Psychoanalytic Council.
Membership of the TSP
Qualification for entry into the Society will be awarded on successful completion of one of the following trainings:
If in doubt, please contact the TSP administrator.
The TSP does not hold a list of accredited supervisors for its members. However, if a TSP Member requires supervision and would like assistance in obtaining a supervisor, please contact the TSP Administrator in the first instance confirming the type of supervision required.
Sign up to the TSP mailing list
Visit the register of members of the Tavistock Society of PsychotherapistsTavistock Society of Psychotherapists – register
Update during COVID-19 outbreak
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the TSP office is currently attended by remote access only. The TSP can be contacted via email: TSP@Tavi-Port.org.
Please be aware the TSP office functions on a part-time basis.