National Workforce Skills Development Unit (NWSDU)
The NWSDU has been established to meet the workforce challenges in healthcare. The Unit is commissioned by Health Education England to support the Five Year Forward View and Stepping Forward to 2020/21 the Mental Health Workforce Plan for England. The unit has a national focus on workforce issues related to mental health and aspires to be a helpful resource to the system around workforce development for mental health and learning disabilities.
Our portfolio agreed for 2019/20
- Attitudes towards mental health careers in the NHS
- Supporting Promotion of Mental Health Careers and Developing Psychology Graduate Career Pathways
- Maximising efficiency in psychological professions’ training routes
- Enhancing the skills of registered nurses in CYP Mental Health
- Optimising the development to increase the number of the Multi-Disciplinary Approved/Responsible Clinician Extended Roles across England
- Review of Mental Health e-learning
- Skills and training commissioning in Primary Care Mental Health
Our previous work
- Perinatal mental health: training mapping
- Children and young people with learning disability and complex mental health conditions transforming care workforce
- Enhancing the management of psychological distress and promoting systemic resilience
- Developing a NHS framework for harmful sexual behaviours in children and young people
- Using reflective practice with frequent attenders: development of an e-learning module
- Improving System Leadership in Children and Young People’s Learning Difficulty Services
- Developing good practice in developing new workforce roles
Read more about NWSDU:
The National Workforce Skills Development Unit was established in April 2017 by Health Education England (HEE) in collaboration with the Tavistock...
Ongoing projects To date, the Unit has been engaged in a broad portfolio of projects. Below are our current projects. Supporting Promotion of...
Chris Caldwell is the Director of Nursing and Director of NWSDU. Chris joined the Trust in November 2016. As well as her role as Director of...
020 8938 2091