Open events and webinars
Visit us before you join us, either in person or virtually through one of our online webinars or at one of our Career Advice Slots. Our events are a great way to gain insight into our courses, hear about our options for fees, funding and student services, as well as to meet our staff and current students.
Our open events are free to attend and you can bring up to two guests with you. Book your place at our next open day:
- Saturday 23 June 2018, 10am–1pm
Over a few hours, you will have the chance to:
- Hear presentations on the clinical work and courses we offer across working with children, adolescents and adults in both social work and forensic settings
- Hear from our current students in an open Q&A panel session
- Speak with our course leads about courses and hear how they can benefit you and your career
- Gain advice from our specialist recruitment team about how and when to apply for a course
- View our facilities including our world renowned library.
If you require assistance during your visit to one of our events, please let us know in advance of your arrival by emailing email@example.com.
Throughout the year, we hold a number of course-specific open events. These events are lively and informal and focus on a specific course. You will have the opportunity to meet course tutors, ask questions and find out more information about your course of interest.
Systemic approaches to working with individuals, families and organisations - foundation (D4J, Jersey) - open evening
- Friday 25 May, 5–6pm
- Thursday 19 July, 6.30-8pm
understand that it may not always be possible to attend our open events in
person so we are pleased to give you the chance to connect with us online.
By participating in this event, you will:
- learn about the Tavistock and the benefits of studying with us
- find out more about our course offer
- find out more about our fees and funding options
- learn more about Tier 4 visa for international students
- have your questions answered live.
Our first virtual open day has now taken place. More dates will be published shortly. Register your interest to receive updates on our virtual events.
Career advice slots are one to one, 25 minute sessions with one of our academic staff members to discuss the career opportunities that the Tavistock can offer. Prospective students who are interested in study at the Tavistock can book a slot to get in-depth advice about how to achieve their career goals.
You will have the opportunity to discuss the different training pathways we offer and what you need to do in order to achieve your end goal. We advise you come prepared with questions you would like answered so you can make the best use of your time.
We schedule a number of free online webinars throughout the year for you to participate in and hear from our leading academics.
Our most recent webinar in April addressed the question: How the Tavistock teaches you to work therapeutically.
If you are interested in attending an online webinar, register your interest to receive our updates.