Virtual Open Evening: Tuesday 7 December 2021
As you can’t come to us, we will come to you! Our first open evening in 2021 will be 100% online to protect you, and our staff.
You can still meet our course teams, hear from some of our current students and speak with our student recruitment team - and all from the comfort of your own home, on Zoom.
What's on at our open evening? We have lots of sessions for you to join from our welcome with our Dean, Q+A session with current students and 30 minute information sessions with all our course teams.
Please sign up for the sessions you wish to attend using the links below. The day before the event, we will send you all the links and passwords that you will need to join the Zoom sessions. You can join as many sessions as you like!
Time: 6 - 6:30pm
- Welcome from our Dean and Q+A session with current students: Book here
Time: 6:30 - 7pm
- Emotional care of babies, children, young people and families (EC1): Book here
- Introduction to counselling and psychotherapy (D12/BD12/ED12): Book here
- Systemic approaches to working with individuals, families and organisations - Foundation (D4F): Book here
- Consulting and leading in organisations: psychodynamic & systemic approaches (D10 and D10 Online): Book here
- Understanding trauma: principles and practice (D18): Book here
- Working with complex needs in contemporary social work practice (M45): Book here
- Systemic family therapy supervision, consultation and training (M21): Book here
- Forensic psychodynamic psychotherapy (D59F): Book here
- Child, community and educational psychology (M4): Book here
Time: 7pm - 7:30pm
- Developing a diverse child adolescent workforce: an introductory course (CPD64): Book here
- Working with children, young people and families: a psychoanalytic observational approach (M7): Book here
- Foundations of psychodynamic psychotherapy (D58 / BD58): Book here
- Child, adolescent &family mental wellbeing: multidisciplinary practice (D24): Book here
- Systemic approaches to working with individuals, families and organisations - Intermediate (D4I): Book here
- Professional doctorate in advanced practice &research: consultation &the organisation (D10D) and Tavistock qualification in consultation (D10C): Book here
- Professional doctorate in advanced practice &research: social work and social care (D55): Book here
- Refugee care (M35): Book here
- Professional doctorate in advanced practice and research: Systemic psychotherapy (M10): Book here
- Interdisciplinary training in adult psychotherapy (M1): Book here
Time: 7:30pm - 8pm
- Reflective mental health practice today (D65): Book here
- Psychoanalytic studies (M16): Book here
- Systemic psychotherapy (M6) : Book here
- Psychological therapies with children, young people & families (M34): Book here
- Inter-cultural psychodynamic psychotherapy (D59I): Book here
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy with couples (D59C): Book here
- Child & adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapy (M80): Book here
- Executive Coaching Programme (ECP): Book here
- Psychoanalytic thinking at work - Digital Academy course: Book here
1. How do I join an online session?
Please review the timetable and sessions above and choose which sessions you would like to join. Each session has a 'Book now' link where you can fill in your contact details, please ensure your email address is correct as we will send you the Zoom session links and password the day before the event. If you do not receive this, please check your Junk or Spam email folders.
2. I have never used Zoom before, what do I need to know?
Zoom is a free, online meeting platform that is safe and secure. In order to access it, you must be connected to the internet and you can use it on your PC, laptop, phone or tablet. You can read more about it on the Zoom website here.
3. Do I need to prepare anything before the Open Evening?
No. You may find it useful to think of some questions that you would like to ask our student panel and the course lead, if you attend any of the course information sessions. You can ask questions via the chat function within Zoom, or by speaking into your microphone.
4. Are the sessions recorded so I can watch them another time?
Unfortunately not. Due to privacy reasons we cannot record the sessions.
5. What if I sign up to a session and then cannot make it?
Please do not worry. We run a number of open events throughout the year that you are welcome to attend, please keep an eye on our Open Events page for more details.
6. I have signed up for the sessions but have not received anything to join them?
We will send the links out from Monday 6 December via email. Please check your Junk and Spam email folders after this date if you have not received anything. If you cannot find the email from us, please contact email@example.com