Zoom for Students
Screencasts and PDF guides to support students in their use of Zoom. Students will find the links and passwords to Zoom sessions and other course specific materials on the relevant Moodle course page. CPD delegates receive this information in the joining instructions sent by your course administrator
You can test your Zoom capability with this link: https://zoom.us/test.
Please follow these principles when engaging in sessions via Zoom.
- Ensure you take part from a secure and private space as you will be discussing sensitive issues.
- Arrive before the session is due to start. You will be held in the waiting room until the tutor brings you in.
- Do not make independent recordings with software on your device.
- Do not take screengrabs with software on your device.
- Please keep your camera on at all times unless your tutor tells you otherwise.
- Stay on mute until it is appropriate to talk (the tutor will invite you to turn on your microphone).
- If you are an experienced Zoom user, perhaps offer support to the tutor if appropriate.
- Please engage with your tutor and peers in Zoom as you would in a face to face situation. The same rules apply.