LGBTQ+ student and trainee group
Our LGBTQ+ Student and Trainee Group exists to provide a safe environment for our LGBTQ+ students and their friends to meet and discuss matters on behalf of the LGBTQ+ student community and promote awareness of LGBTQ+ issues.
The LGBTQ+ Student and Trainee Group meets regularly to accommodate your study timetables, and aims to provide support and advice to anybody that might need someone to talk to or just want to have a few questions answered. Chaired by, Karen Tanner, one of our Associate Deans, and Philip McGill, Course Lead, the LGBTQ+ meetings are lively, informative and supportive to any students who wish to join.
Upcoming meetings (rooms to be confirmed):
- Welcome LGBTQ+ drop-in session, Monday 24 September, 3.00pm-3.30pm
- Welcome LGBTQ+ drop-in session, Wednesday 26 September, 10.00am-10.30am
- Wednesday 10 October, 1.00pm-2.00pm in SEMINAR ROOM 7
- Wednesday 21 November, 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Wednesday 16 January, 1.00pm-2.00pm in Studio C
- Wednesday 6 March, 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Wednesday 8 May, 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Wednesday 19 June, 1.00pm-2.00pm
We are always keen to have members of the LGBTQ+ society represent the student population at our open days and evenings via our student ambassador scheme please contact Saphron Birkett for further information about this.
In addition, we endeavor to make sure that all our social events are always friendly, welcoming and a great place to meet people so we hope to see you at one of our gatherings very soon.