LGBT+ student and trainee group
Our LGBT+ Student and Trainee Group exists to provide a safe environment for our LGBT+ students and their friends to meet and discuss matters on behalf of the LGBT+ student community and promote awareness of LGBT+ issues.
The LGBT+ Student and Trainee Group meets regularly to accommodate your study timetables, and aims to provide support and advice to anybody that might need someone to talk to or just want to have a few questions answered. Chaired by, Karen Tanner, one of our Associate Deans, and Philip McGill, Course Lead, the LGBT+ meetings are lively, informative and supportive to any students who wish to join.
Upcoming meetings (rooms to be confirmed):
- Welcome LGBT+ drop-in session, Monday 24 September, 3.00pm-3.30pm
- Welcome LGBT+ drop-in session, Wednesday 26 September, 10.00am-10.30am
- Wednesday 10 October, 1.00pm-2.00pm in SEMINAR ROOM 7
- Wednesday 21 November, 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Wednesday 16 January, 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Wednesday 6 March, 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Wednesday 8 May, 1.00pm-2.00pm
- Wednesday 19 June, 1.00pm-2.00pm
We are always keen to have members of the LGBT+ society represent the student population at our open days and evenings via our student ambassador scheme please contact Saphron Birkett for further information about this.
In addition, we endeavor to make sure that all our social events are always friendly, welcoming and a great place to meet people so we hope to see you at one of our gatherings very soon.