Audits and reviews
In order to maintain the quality and standards of our provision, it is important for us to engage with reviews which enable us to gain objective feedback from people who have an understanding of the standards and quality of equivalent courses and organisations.
We have had reviews carried out by both the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and our Validating Partners.
Quality Assurance Agency reviews
April 2019: Review for Education Oversight Monitoring visit
From the evidence provided in the annual return and at the monitoring visit, the review team concludes that the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust (the Trust) is making commendable progress with continuing to monitor, review and enhance its higher education provision.
Download the full report here.
April 2016: Higher Education Review
The QAA found that the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust meets expectations in all of the key areas: academic standards; student learning opportunities; quality of the information about learning opportunities; and the enhancement of student learning opportunities. The QAA also identified good practice in the following areas:
- the systematic integration of academic study and clinical practice within the taught elements of the Trust's provision which enhances the students' learning experiences (Expectation B3)
- the provision of online access to library and study skills resources enables student development and achievement (Expectation B4)
- the centralised process for approval of assessment tasks and allocation of marking to ensure equivalence across all national centres (Expecation B6)
- the strategic intervention to enable, support and promote the use of technologyenhanced learning (TEL) across the provision, including the incorporation of library and TEL staff on core Trust committees which makes a significant contribution to the enhancement of student learning (Enhancement).
The QAA also made some recommendations, which are addressed in this Action Plan.
February 2015: Review for Education Oversight Monitoring visit
From the evidence provided in the annual return and at the monitoring visit, the review team concludes that The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust (the Trust) has made acceptable progress with continuing to monitor, review and enhance its higher education provision since the previous monitoring visit in February 2013. Download the full report.
February 2013: Review for Education Oversight Monitoring visit
The QAA monitoring team has concluded that The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust are making commendable progress in implementing the action plan from the Review for Educational Oversight. Download the full report.
February 2012: Review for Education Oversight
As a result of its Review for Educational Oversight carried out in February 2012, the QAA review team (the team) considers that there can be confidence in how the provider manages its stated responsibilities for the standards of the awards it offers on behalf of the University of East London, the University of Essex and Middlesex University. Download the full report.
Validating partner reviews
- February 2012 University of East London academic review of Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- University of Essex Curriculum Review process
Internal Audits and Reviews
In addition to external audits and reviews, we carry out annual monitoring and review of our courses, and our courses also undergo a cycle of review and revalidation with our university partners.