From time to time you may encounter issues that prevent you from being able to meet your assignment deadline for reasons beyond your control, such as serious illness, an accident or the serious illness of a loved one.
Extenuating circumstances are there to help you in these situations.
Please note that extenuating circumstances only covers unforeseen circumstances. For students with chronic (long-term) disabilities and learning difficulties, please see our support section.
To apply for extenuating circumstances please ensure you've clicked on the relevant University Validating Partner below. If you are unsure, please contact your Course Administrator:
- Please go to the Essex website to download the form and read the guidance.
- If you have any questions after reading the guidance, please contact AcademicQuality@Tavi-Port.nhs.uk for further advice and guidance.
- Complete the form and submit to AcademicQuality@Tavi-Port.nhs.uk.
- Extenuating circumstances will be considered at the extenuating circumstances board on 30 June 2017 and a recommendation made to the main board of examiners as to whether to uphold or dismiss the claim
Please note that the Trust does not follow the lateness policy as described in the University of Essex website - all coursework should be submitted on the deadline or the mark will be marked as late and a mark of zero will be included. If work is incomplete due to extenuating circumstances, we encourage you to submit your incomplete work with the extenuating circumstances claim form.
If you are studying on a University of East London validated course, please see the following guidance document and application form below:
- Trust-UEL extenuating circumstances criteria and guidelines
- Trust-UEL extentuating circumstances application form
Further information can be found in Section 6 of the Trust-UEL assessment and feedback policy.
For further advice and guidance, and to submit extenuating circumstances claims, please email AcademicQuality@Tavi-Port.nhs.uk.