Facilitating Reflective Practice Groups Training
This short course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to establish and facilitate reflective practice groups in order to enhance health professionals' reflective capabilities, learning and development.
The ‘Facilitating Reflective Practice Groups’ training is a course for those who wish to develop facilitation and group work skills. As the course can be delivered online, we will also attend to the setting up and facilitating of groups using online platforms.
The course provides an introduction to the need for reflective practice within health and social care settings, identifying the benefits to clinical care provision and practitioners’ wellbeing.
The content includes:
- overviews of different models of reflective practice
- opportunities to refresh core listening and questioning skills
- an introduction to group dynamics
- opportunities to practice facilitation skills in a safe environment
- guidance on establishing and maintaining
groups within workplace settings
The training is interactive and delivered through a combination of presentations, discussion, reflective practice experiential groups and small group work.
The programme will provide participants with:
- a deeper understanding of the role of reflective practice within health and social care settings
- an overview of the underpinning principles, key models and frameworks for reflective practice
- an opportunity to explore and clarify the role of the facilitator
- opportunities to develop, review and refine facilitation skills through practice
- key components for establishing and managing reflective practice groups
- an opportunity to develop a community of practice for facilitators of reflective practice
This programme would benefit:
- those who already facilitate a form of reflective practice for health care professionals but have not had specialist training or would like to refresh their skills; or
- those who would like to establish and facilitate reflective practice groups and would like to develop the skills and knowledge to begin the process.
Prior experience is not required, presentation sessions will allow group members to bring an aspect of their work (planning, interactions, reviews) to discuss and reflect on within the group.
Our training is provided by senior clinician-trainers with extensive experience of facilitating groups and developing and facilitating training in this area.
Possibly one of the most useful and rewarding courses I have completed. It was very evident from early on that the facilitators were highly skilled and knowledgeable in this area and I'm looking forward to developing reflective practice with my organisation.
Thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you to all for such a rich learning experience, so much was amazingly packed in- so worthwhile doing. Thank-you.
Not only have I learnt about reflective practice, but the issues around groups, group work and group facilitation.
"Just wanted to say that the course is brilliant: very well taught, challenging and stretching, with excellent materials, high standard of pedagogy, and opportunities for profound learnings. Lots of food for thought within and after this course, as is usual for Tavistock CPD courses!"
"The training has been invaluable, very transferable and already transformative"
"The theory learning helped me develop a greater understanding of the approach and the opportunity to practice these skills has meant I’m much more confident in taking it into practice"
"I feel significantly more confident in utilising these skills out in practice, and responding to any resistance/negative feedback from group members"
"The course was almost faultless! My attention was maintained throughout. Trainers were warm, welcoming and inclusive. I have learnt a lot."
You will need a device with a microphone and camera together with a suitably fast internet connection. Although mobile devices and tablets can be used, we recommend the use of laptop or desktop PC for the best experience. Some devices provided by employers may have restrictions in place. Please use this test link (https://zoom.us/test) to check your set up before booking.
You will be sent joining instructions including all the necessary login links, passwords and guidance on how to use the relevant functionality about a week before the course start date.
Should you have any concerns about the accessibility of remote delivery please contact us at CPDEvents@tavi-port.ac.uk to discuss how we can best help you.
Enquire about this courseMake an enquiry
Join our nursing mailing listJoin our nursing mailing list
Other courses of interest:
Reflective practice in groups is an invaluable opportunity for people to explore tricky issues in a supportive environment. It enables participants...Find out more
This is a bespoke 10-week short course for mental health nurses, which develops the capacity to understand, process and thoughtfully respond to...Find out more
In relation to the increased awareness of the need for staff well-being to be at the centre of healthcare services, we are offering two short...Find out more