Research degrees subcommittee
The body overseeing all UEL validated Doctoral processes at the Research stage of the Professional Doctorate (ProfDoc) course is called the UEL Research Degrees Subcommittee (UEL RDSC) which is a Subcommittee of the UEL Quality and Standards Committee.
The RDSC is a UEL committee which has the power to approval all student applications.
The Trust-School Research Degrees Subcommittee (TSRDSC) is a subcommittee of the UEL RDSC. It was formed in the latter half of 2007 and reflects the structure of the University’s Schools each of which have a subcommittee.
The TSRDSC has some devolved powers of approval and must consider and recommend applications before they are submitted to the UEL RDSC for final approval. The TSRDSC also reports to the Trust Academic Governance and Quality Assurance Committee AGQAC).
Chair of TSRDSC: Elisa Reyes-Simpson, Associate Dean for Academic Governance and Quality Assurance
Secretary of TSRDSC: Paru Jeram, Quality Assurance Officer.
Accountability of TSRDSC
Submitting documents to the TSRDSC
We require signed copies of all documents. Typed names or signatures that have been pasted in are not acceptable.
To submit your documentation,
- Submit all documentation in one email to the secretary to the Academic Governance and Quality Assurance email address including scanned (PDF) versions of any signed forms.
- Submit Word versions of all documents in one email to the Academic Governance and Quality Assurance email address, stating that hard copy, signed versions will be posted
- Post hard, signed copies to the following address: Paru Jeram, Quality Assurance, The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust , Tavistock Centre, 120 Belsize Lane, London NW3 5BA or bring to the Academic Governance and Quality Assurance office room 260 of the Tavistock Clinic.
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- If submissions are sent in more than one email (apart from exceptional circumstances), the submission will not be accepted. For example, in the case of exam arrangements, the UREC letter, exam arrangements form, nomination forms and change of title form (if applicable) must be submitted in one email. The same applies to hard copies.
- Neither TSRDSC nor the academic governance and quality assurance office can take responsibility for incorrect, lost or missing information if documentation is submitted in more than one email. To ensure the full application is considered, please include alldocumentation in one email. For example, in the case of exam arrangements, the UREC letter, exam arrangements form, nomination forms and change of title form (if applicable) must be submitted in one email. The same applies to hard copies.
- If the TSRDSC deadline is not met (see table below), it will not be considered at the meeting associated with that deadline, but the document will be saved and considered at the next available meeting.
Once the document has been considered at the TSRDSC and the UEL RDSC, the student and supervisors will be notified of the outcome by email.
TSRDSC meeting dates and deadlines for 2017/18
TSRDSC Meeting (recommendation/
UEL RDSC Deadline
Tuesday 12 Sep 2017
10am, Tuesday 26 Sep 2017
2pm, Tuesday 26 Sep 2017
Wednesday 11 Oct 2017
25 Wednesday Oct 2017
Monday 14 Nov 2017
11am, Monday 27 Nov 2017
1pm, Tuesday 28 Nov 2017
Wednesday 29 Nov 2017
Wednesday 13 Dec 2017
Tuesday 2 Jan 2018
1pm, Monday 15 Jan 2018
11am, Wednesday 17 Jan 2018
Wednesday 14 Feb 2018
Wednesday 28 Feb 2018
Tuesday 13 Mar 2018
10am, Tuesday 27 March 2018
12.30pm, Tuesday 27 March 2018
Wednesday 11 Apr 2018
Wednesday 25 Apr 2018
Thursday 17 May 2018
11am, Thurs 31 May 2018
2pm, Thurs 31 May 2018
Wednesday 6 June 2018
Wednesday 20 June 2018
Please note that the Trust reserves the right to amend TSRDSC dates at any time where operational or other issues may require it.