Refresh our values, vision and mission
Our Trust's values are fundamental to guiding our attitudes and actions.
Our values help us to determine what is important to us. They are the bedrock of our behaviours at work, and affect every aspect of the way we deliver care, education and research.
We want to ensure our future actions and decisions are guided by the common values we have chosen together. We want you, our patients and service users, staff, students, alumni, members of the public and anyone with a connection to the Trust to contribute to this important work.
The task: refresh our values, vision and mission
Over the summer, we will be working with a range of groups to refresh our values, vision and mission. The findings will be shared with the Board in September, and the Staff Engagement Group will then develop an implementation plan.
Our current values:
- we work with people with lived experience to co-create and improve our services and inform our decision making
- we are caring and compassionate
- we are passionate about the quality of our work and committed to openness, the use of evidence and the application of improvement science
- we value all our staff, are concerned for their wellbeing and seek to foster leadership, innovation and excellence in our workforce
- we embrace diversity in our workforce and work to make our services and training as accessible as possible
- we work with others, in the UK and internationally, who share our values and can enable us to achieve our mission.
Our current mission:
For 100 years, the Tavistock and Portman clinics have embodied a distinctive way of thinking about and understanding mental distress, mental health and emotional wellbeing. Working with children and families and adults, our approach brings together psychoanalytic, psychodynamic and systemic theory and practice and other approaches and seeks to understand the unconscious as well as conscious aspects of a person’s experience and places the person, their relationships and social context at the centre of our practice.
Our creative and skilled staff continue to build on these approaches, welcoming new ideas and developing innovative interventions, services and models of care which respond to contemporary challenges.
Our goal is that more people should have the opportunity to benefit from our approach. We seek to spread our thinking and practice through devising and delivering high quality clinical services, the provision of training and education, research, organisational consulting and influencing public debate.
If you would like to participate, please complete the survey below.
For question one, you can click or tap on any of the words, and then choose whether you would like to keep or remove the word. You can keep or remove as many words as you like from our current values listed in question one.