Trust supports range of projects thanks to NHS Charities Together
29 July 2020
We’re delighted to announce several Trust projects will receive funding thanks to a generous grant from NHS Charities Together.
NHS Charities Together is the collective group supporting and championing the work of the NHS official charities. In response to the COVID pandemic, NHS Charities Together launched an urgent COVID-19 appeal. The money raised was subsequently awarded as grants to help NHS charities support NHS staff, volunteers and patients in ways above and beyond what NHS funding can ordinarily provide.
Our Trust received £39,000 in grant funding, and we invited suggestions from across our organisation for projects and programmes that needed extra support.
Louise Lyon, Chair of our charity, the Tavistock Clinic Foundation said:
“The support the public has given the NHS throughout the pandemic period has been inspiring, and we’re grateful to everyone who contributed to the NHS Charities Together appeal. This funding means we can provide support to our patients and staff, and helps us do all we can do minimise the impact of the pandemic on our at risk populations.”
The successful proposals from our Trust staff include funding for:
- Tutoring for school age children, entertainment activities, safety packs and food vouchers for refugees
- A taxi service for women attending a historical child sexual abuse group
- Provision of non-surgical masks for staff using public transport
- Reflective space funding for a clinical service
- Funding for team lunches across the Trust when conditions allow
- Wipe-down toys for younger children and equipment such as foldable chairs and mats so outreach support could continue through pandemic
- Provision of subsidy for on site staff catering at the Tavistock Centre
- 1,000 printed copies of Watch Me Play! Manual for parents and carers with young children
- 100 electronic devices for patients to support remote therapy and consultation