Beyond the Us and Them Conference
13 June 2019
The Centre for Trauma, Asylum and Refugees (CTAR) of the University of Essex, UNHCR, the Tavistock Centre and the Refugee Council invite you to their annual joint Event to mark Refugee Week.
Entry is free and open to all with an interest in the field of refugee care including academics, activists, students, researchers and refugee care alumni.
This will be a dedicated Refugee Care Conference bringing together people interested in this field from across the globe to discuss refugee care research and activism. The conference will be held from 1pm to 6pm and will include the following speakers:
- David Amias - the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Louise Baumberg - a volunteer caseworker with the British Red Cross Young Refugee Project in Portsmouth
- Nsimire Aimee Bisimwa -a Systemic & Family Psychotherapist working at the Tavistock Centre in the Child Young Adults & Families Service
- Kayte Cable - Co-Founder and Programme Leader of the Big Leaf Foundation
- Ali Delbourgo - Founder of Purple Penguin Wellbeing
- Nikos Gionakis - Babel Day Centre
- Claire Launchbury - Academic writer and activist
- Zibiah Alfred Loakthar - University of Essex
- Camilla Modesti - Clinical Psychologist, psychoanalysis psychotherapy and PhD student at Sapienza University of Rome
- Renos Papadopoulos - University of Essex
- Judy Roth - Medical Professor at the City University of New York Medical School
- Margaret Konima Sesay - Founder and Director of Global Foundation for Women and Development
To register your place please contact Zibiah Loakthar (email@example.com).